Monday, November 1, 2010

Public Diva No.1

When it comes to music - I find it quite difficult - especially now - where everything sounds the same - where Xtina looks like Gwen but sounds like Paris etc etc etc - It's all too much of the same - I'm looking for something to inflate the soul and bring me to tears.

Since the 80's, Nina Hagen has inspired me to new heights - Her crazed operatics mixed with her personal style make me ask myself why so few know and love her. She was the GAGA of the 1980's - funny how some things take and others don't - Clearly she was before her time.



Working with Pierre & Gilles




The 80's


The 90's - More Pierre & Gilles covers (above)



Her version of 'Habanera' from Carmen is to this day 
THE greatest version ever sung 
- Sorry Maria Callas



So Bad video - another level of eye candy


As the evil queen in 7 Zwerge - This had better be a brunette joke.



No comments:

Post a Comment